Skip to content
- As I sit with my well-deserved cup of cappuccino at my favorite little coffee bar, recuperating from a bit of Christmas shopping, I am reminded of why I love this little section of Greece so much. Insurance policy coverage day began cold and rainy, it is currently sunny and my coat has been entrusted to your patio chair beside i. The weather here, while extreme, is always presenting these little moments of delight. The feeling I’ve right now, like physical tiredness, is much the same as when I stitch out new embroidery designs .
- There exists just something so magical about a bit of free-standing lace with so little effort possibly perfect applique patch with just the touch of a control button! While I have sewn and quilted since I was six years old, I resisted adding machine embroidery to my repertoire because I had no real need for it, nor did I think Experienced time for it. Finally, for no real reason, I added the first of countless embroidery machines to my studio. My son and i spent several fun hours test stitching the designs that came with the equipment. At the age of 13, is actually no sewing experience, he picked it up as quickly since i did! In fact, he continued to find out designs while I went to prepare dinner that night. Has been a definite moment of delight. It didn’t take me long to realize that the dozen designs that came with the machine weren’t going to be enough to keep me happy.
- I began looking at industrial municipal debt market designs for machine embroidery that were available and immediately got depressed because I knew there no way Really should have refused afford even a compact portion of the ones I wanted. Luckily, I soon discovered online groups and independent sellers of Custom embroidery embroidery stylisme! This was a treasure trove I had not expected and a large moment of delight when I seen that there were begin working properly free embroidery designs available! The fact that I needed an exceptional card reader/writer device to get the designs from my computer to device didn’t dampen my enthusiasm at all of.
- While I waited for it to arrive, I downloaded many free designs and learned more than I could ever hope to remember about techniques and many types of embroidery supplies. Little by little, I discovered when i did have time for machine embroidery and a variety of uses for it then. Christmas that year was all about free-standing lace bowls and embroidered bread fabrics! Any towel not in the hamper was fair game for monogramming, and even the bed sheets weren’t safe from random hooping.
- Every new design stitched or technique learned was a point in time of delight. I’m happy will take a break from my stitching and still glance at the delight while sitting outside with my coffee, watching the lovely Greek people bustle about. Today, I can even say, “ochi parakallo” (no, thank you) to the vendors of bootleg movies and genuine Rolex watches with a smile in my heart. Be sure to invite delight into your world!